Saturday 18 August 2012

First swim on holiday!

Am I more excited that we had a first swim or first family holiday?

I was really nervous about taking Xander on his first swim.  Goodness me I have never even taken a child swimming let alone a wriggly, slippery baby!  However I should not have feared quite so much.  It was a great experience.  We were on our family outing to the Royal Highland Show near Edinburgh and stayed in a lovely hotel in Edinburgh.  It was as wet outside we decided to make a quick shopping trip to John Lewis and buy baby some swim pants.  The decisions that followed.  Should Xander be wearing a nappy underneath his swim pant?  Will he need a vest?  Do the store stock swimming seats?  How long should he be in the water for?  The poor people at John Lewis must have thought we didn't have a clue.  Haha!  They were right!

Back to the hotel I made the decision that we should go down to the pool in our swimming outfits and that way I don't end up with a cold, unhappy, tired baby!  Good decision!  Off we marched in ur dressing gowns and a confused fluffy towel bundle of baby to the nearest lift!  What fun...

In the pool Xander loved it!  Definitely a bit unsure at first.  Xander looked all around, to the ceiling, to me and his Dad for reassurance.  Then once he was comfortable with us all being in the big bath together he eased up and his arms and little legs began to splash splash away!  It was a wonderful first swim and it has encouraged me to take him swimming in our local pool on my own!  This weekly adventure begins next week so I shall keep you posted!  I would have shared a lovely photograph of Xander in his cute lil swimming pants but the photograph of me holding him is less than glamorous!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment